- Available in 16"-17" sizing
- Designed for your SUV & Light Truck's winter tire requirements
- Equipped with Mountain/Snowflake winter tire symbol for severe snow service requirements
Blizzak W965 with UNI-T studless light truck winter tires were developed to combine good snow and ice traction with commercial light truck load carrying capacity. Available in Load Range E (10 Ply Rated) sizes, Blizzak W965 tires are for the drivers of most medium-duty, heavy-duty and commercial light trucks that require winter driving traction on dry, wet and snow covered roads.
The Blizzak W965 winter tire's overall combination of capabilities is made possible by Bridgestone's UNI-T technology that brings advanced tire technologies together, taking performance to a new level. Innovative tire design, construction and tread compound help maximize the tire's performance, ride quality and wear while providing traction in winter.
On the outside, Blizzak W965 studless winter tires feature a special Tube Multicell tread compound that combines microscopic pores and circumferential micro channels to help disperse the thin film of water that is generated when driving in snow and over ice. The Blizzak W965 features a deep, independent block tread design that employs zigzag sipes to provide multiple biting edges in the tread blocks to further enhance winter traction without resorting to traditional metal studs. On the inside, the tread area is supported by three steel belts reinforced by spiral-wrapped nylon to provide a higher level of tire uniformity while maintaining its shape at highway speeds. A polyester cord reinforced casing provides strength and durability while enhancing ride quality.
NOTE: The top 55% of the Blizzak W965's useable tread depth consists of the exclusive Tube Multicell tread compound. The remaining 45% consists of a standard winter tread compound. Snow platform indicators (the equivalent of "snow wear bars") are molded into the tread grooves to inform the driver as the tire's tread wear reaches 50% of the tread depth.